Actionable approach: enabling change one habit at a time
Sustainable, flexible, socialized learning, supported by technology creates learning that is measurable, practical and relevant
Actionable is an integral component of all our work. It supports and enables learning sustainability and helps people build new habits.
The Three Elements of the Actionable approach are:
- Actionable “Habit Builder”– individual commitment to a small daily habit for 30 days. Uses “nudge” theory, daily journaling and buddies to help people stay focused and accountable.
- Actionable Conversations– monthly 1-hour learning conversations led by internal leaders. This process connects the team and drives ongoing learning.
- Data and insights dashboard– the Actionable platform collects data points from each individual and provides insights on activity, engagement, behaviour change and impact. This is like a Fitbit for your organisation.
- Sustainable – because you are not paying for external facilitators to run sessions
- Collaborative – because it gets teams and cross functional groups working together
- Flexible – habit builder takes 2-3 mins a day. Conversations take 1 hour each month. Both done at a time that suits your people
- Scalable – a consistent message and conversation can be rolled out quickly across a whole organisation
- Growth – getting leaders and managers to lead learning is one of the best ways to deepen understanding in those leaders. As Carol Dweck says: “Teaching is a wonderful way to learn”
This is how learning and change works in today’s busy world. It can and will work for your organisation.